Monday, June 23, 2008

Saturday's Long Run

I finally had the opportunity to catch up with a friend of mine from high school - we had not seen each other for over 14 years and guess what? She's a marathon nut! How cool is that? She's helping me train for LB and I'm totally stoked to have her back in my life - Thanks Andrea!

So, we ran the Dana Point Turkey Trot course down at the Harbor Saturday evening just before dark. The place was packed! Between Summer Solstice, Grad Night and a typical summer evening in DP, there was hardly any place to park. Maybe something else was going on, I dunno but we had a blast people watching and chatting along the beach as we ran.

We did 6 miles and I forgot to start my Nike Nano to track the run (sheesh!) but Andrea had her Garmin, so we were okay. I've been looking at those things and although I LOVE all the podcasts I subscribe to, I am thinking about getting something that's easier to use to track my running. Anyone have suggestions? It's really difficult to mess with an ipod nano when you're sweaty.

Okay, enough about my sweat - Have a great week ~ Happy Running!

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn