Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nice Weather

This morning Kacie woke me up at 4:30 and needed some comforting. It must be hard to be a 14 month old baby. So after checking emails and updates on my friend Chris, I had some time to kill before the day began. So I went for a run. I love running here around 6:30-ish in this little beach town. I was listening to some of The Extra Mile Podcast archives from August of last year. For those of you who run in extreme heat and humidity, my hat's off to you. I am blessed with just about perfect weather 90% of the time. I have to remember that when I don't feel like running. I think of Marathon Chris in Florida where my sister-in-law is having a heck of a time getting outside to run. Too humid she says. I also got to thinking about my life the past few years and what motivated me to start running. On my 30th birthday, my husband took me sky diving. When I was 31 I gave birth to Kacie at home underwater with no pain killers. At 32, I'll be running my first marathon (this year) which now has me thinking, what challenge will I tackle next on my "Life To Do List?" I started running so I could get in shape to keep up with my kids and set a healthy example for them. I dropped 44 lbs and eat in a whole new way, but the running has become a lifestyle habit. I'm so excited to find a new route, download the latest podcast and share it with you in this blog. Thanks for reading. Happy Running!

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn