Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running for Chris

Well, I didn't think my first post would be this deep but God works in mysterious ways. I began running back in September last year (07) because I wanted to get into shape. I had two children and and extra 50 lbs to show for it. So I began walking after I dropped off my son Kaden at preschool. I joined Weight Watchers that November and dropped 45 lbs. by March 2008. I always talked about running a marathon but was never really serious. When I started listening to The Extra Mile Podcast, I thought to myself, "Self, if I can give birth at home under water- without any pain killers and if I could drop all that extra weight I had been carrying ALL MY LIFE, then surely I could run 13 miles!" (YES- I will have the birthing video posted shortly)

I registered for the Long Beach Marathon as well as the World Wide Half just this past Sunday. The very next day I got word that my friend from High School died suddenly in the mddle of the night. It has shook our group to the core.

Please donate whatever you can to help his family - money, clothes for the boys, summer camp monies... Any and all ideas are encouraged. I'll have more on my fund raising efforts in the next blog - once I've had a chance to let the dust settle a bit.

Thanks for visiting...

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn