Sunday, June 15, 2008

Long Beach Marathon

When I decided to run the Long Beach Marathon this October, I caught up with my old high school friends and found out my friend Andrea is running the full marathon. She sent me her training schedule and it got me thinking that I might train to run the full marathon too. I'm already up to running 7 miles on my long runs anyway - I think the full marathon would really push more so than the half. I can't wait to keep you posted.

This morning I ran 6.5 miles in 1:14:55 - I would like to improve on that time a bit. The weather was nice and cool - overcast today. I listened to Steve Runner's latest podcast. WOW - Loved it. If you don't listen to that one, you're missing out.

It's Father's Day and we are headed inland for a pool/bbq party later. I'm excited as it will be nice to get into warmer (hot) weather. Should be 85 degrees there today.

The most exciting part of my day today is that I'm going to get some NEW SHOES! The last pair I bought was back in February and they are WELL worn. Way overdue for a new pair. I can't wait! I'll let you know what I got tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kooiman said...

You can do it! I believe in you! Go for the FULL and I will help you!!!

Running a marathon WILL change your life forever. I love reading about how running has given you your life back. Just wait until you experience the journey a FULL will give you.

XOXOXOXO - Andrea


Christian T Heckathorn