Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saturday's 16 Mile Track Run

2:52:48

Hello everybody! There's a lot going on right now - Rob's Ministry is growing. We received a tremendous response to the reminder email he sent out for Natalie's concert at the Crystal Cathedral last weekend. (I was so sorry I missed it but God has been using me in other ways.) We've booked another 2 concerts as a result and that is Exciting!!

For this weekends Long Run I was up in Yuba City visiting Brad's Grandparents - It was awesome! Perfect weather and even though it's been 100+ degrees the previous week, we were blessed with it being a little bit cooler.

My long run was initially planned to sprawl out over the countryside, running through peach & almond orchards for the 16 miles. But once I got there, I was reminded of the several dogs that get spooked that early in the morning and come out to attack someone running by their house. My Aunt Lyn suggested I use the new "Geweckie" race track they had just built there in town. It was the first time I ran on a track and at first I felt liky a gym rat but I played a little game to avoid the idea of having to run around that track 64 times.

The run was awesome - I finished strong again (like I did the previous long run) and the weather stayed cool the entire morning. I listened to a lot of worship music and phedipidations podcast and really enjoyed my time alone out there on the track.

I wish I would have checked first because I missed a 5k that I could have run Friday evening - that would have been fun, but - oh well! Maybe I'll remember to check the next time we travel.

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn