Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday's 14 Mile Long Run

Saturday's 14 mile Long Run was terriffic! I ran long and what I thought was slow, but in fact I was at my normal pace. I just didn't have the anxiety I normally do of getting done quickly. I'm trying to slow down and appreciate the running as well as the challenges of running these long distances. I had Phidipidations loaded up in my ipod along with some fantastic worship music and really really enjoyed the 2.5 hours.

In addition, I didn't feel a bit sick post run. That was equally amazing! I made sure to eat really good the day before and drink plenty of water - the other thing I did different was to walk for about a mile after I was done running. (I had to in order to get to my car!) I am hopeful that those changes will be key to my post run recovery.

So yeah - And I know I'm addicted because later on that afternoon I was already planning the music and podcasts for this coming Saturday.

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn