Monday, August 11, 2008

Not Every Run is Easy

My training was going just fine until about 3 weeks ago. I started to get some pain in my knees and particularly the top of my right foot. So after careful consideration and running on it a few more times, I decided to take last week off from running and give it some time to heal. It seems to have helped!

However, I have noticed that the last few runs have been a challenge. At first, I was disheartened to learn that not every single run would leave me feeling energized. It was sort of like the dissappointment you feel when you find out there's no Easter Bunny - kind of a bummer. The long runs especially have been brutally difficult to recover from. Too much lactic acid, dehydration and not enough protien have left me curled up in the fetal position in my bed for the entire day. So I've been doing a ton of research on the internet, trying different things to help with my symptoms and am hopeful to have things ironed out as soon as possible!

In the meantime, I'm starting to raise monies for the Biagi Family - www.nataliebiagi.com - I'm putting together a flyer to go door knocking to help raise some money. There's several neighbors who have stopped to chat with me during my run who seem sincerely proud of my accomplishments and goals. Hopefully, they'll be able to help out and support me too!

So - YOU TOO can help out! You can donate directly on little Natalie's website by check or credit card - EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!

No comments:


Christian T Heckathorn